So, here is my quilt as it grew from the centre medallion to a finished quilt.
My fabric came from a fat quarter bundle I purchased while on a family vacation a few years ago. I had been waiting for just the perfect project to use this bundle.
Then, I made some majestic mountain blocks for the next border...--sorry--I must have forgotten to take a picture of the quilt top with that border added. At this point, the mystery was complete. I put the quilt top on my queen sized bed and decided to add a flying geese border to all sides to make the quilt just a bit bigger. I like my quilts to hang down the sides of the bed quite a bit.
I was very happy to get the last borders onto this quilt. The flannel feels very cozy but it is heavy and it was hard to keep the quilt on the table while I sewed the borders on!
The quilt has now been quilted and the binding and label are done. I don't have anyone here today to hold it up so I can take a picture outside so you will have to wait for the finished quilt pictures.
Today, I will be making PJ's and pillowcases for my nieces for their birthday next week. They are twins and will be 13 years old.
Time to sew!