Monday, October 29, 2012

Swoon Blocks Done!

I finished off my last Swoon block tonight.  9 blocks done and ready for sashing and borders!

I am linking this post to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, except I have a design floor and not a design wall.


I had to purchase some more Kona white fabric to use for the sashing and borders. It is now washed are ready to be cut into strips. If you have been watching my blog, you will know that I also have blocks done for a Great Granny Square quilt which also needs sashing and borders. I hope to get these two quilt tops done soon.

Kathy at Kathy's quilts has a weekly link up for hand-stitchers. My hand stitching project this past weekend was sewing the binding on this Quilt of Valour made by members of the London Friendship Quilters' Guild. Several quilts will be presented to a representative of Quilts of Valour at our December meeting.

The fabric in the hexagons was donated by guild members.

Keep checking back for more progress on my projects...

6 comments:

  1. Love your Swoon quilt! I've been bitten by the bug, but so far I'm refusing to scratch :*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are big beautiful blocks!!! What a great quilt it makes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really love your Swoon quilt. The colors look so good against that Kona white. I had never heard of this block before, but now I love it. Also, you QOV quilt is very pretty. Some soldier will love the fall colors and warmth it provides. I too make and bind quilts for QOV. You can see some of them on my blog that have been finished this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the block and some lovely fabrics in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I have to make the Swoon blocks now Gail! Your Swoon blocks are amazing!
    So glad you were able to finish off the binding on another quilt...thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete