I cut this fabric into the shapes I wanted to use for the centre of my quilt using newspaper patterns that I cut out ahead of time to lay them out and make sure they were the right size and shape.
I got all the cutting done and the pieces pinned to the orange fabric I had chosen as my background. Then, the power went out. All of Elk Rapids was without power for several hours because, somewhere, a squirrel had decided to hide some nuts in a transformer. The squirrel did not live to tell the tale! What are a bunch of die-hard quilters to do????
Pretty soon, carloads of quilters were on their way to the local quilt stores for some retail therapy! We even shopped in one shop by the light of some flashlights provided by the employees at the shop! We all did our part to help the local economy.
After supper, the power came back on and we could all get back to our sewing machines. I machine appliqued these pieces to the background.
I wanted to add a selvage fabric border at some point and spent some time trying out different options.
Carol wondered if this fabric from her stash would work:
I liked the fabric, just not in this quilt. The green, however, did look good with my orange background....
If you want to know what I decided to do, come back to my blog in a day or two and I will show you how my project developed.