Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Another Grateful Heart Block and Another Comfort Quilt


Here is my 6th block for my Grateful Heart Sampler quilt. I am using a Moda FQ bundle called "Northern Solitudes" to make this quilt. The centre of this block, "Memories", was fussy cut from the co-ordinating panel that came with the FQ bundle. There are a few blocks that call for a fussy cut centre so my panel will go to good use. I am not sure which block I will do next. I am not doing them in any particular order--it just depends on how much time I have and what inspires me at the moment. I like to try something new with each quilt I make. This quilt has several complex blocks in it with lots of pieces that should stretch my quilting/piecing skills a bit!





Nancy made this quilt for our local hospital's cancer unit to give to a chemo patient as part of the outreach project by the Elgin Piecemakers Quilt Guild. I could not get this picture to load the other night when I did my previous post so here it is now. She used a Bonnie Hunter pattern for this quilt: "Bricks and Stepping Stones". I like the colours she used! I was talking to Jacqui tonight and the group has decided to do a 3rd set of Comfort Quilts for the hospital--this time Jacqui and I are partners. We will have to take a look at our patterns and our stashes to see what we would like to do. Jacqui has a very large stash! (My stash is nothing to sneeze at either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment