Friday, February 26, 2010

Charity Quilt Done!


Last night, the Elgin Piecemakers Guild met at the home of one of our members. There was a final show and tell of the 8 quilts that we have made for chemo patients at our local hospital. I had sewn the binding on the quilt that Pat and I had made the night before and only had about 1/2 of the hand sewing done. I worked on it as we sat and chatted before show and tell. Nancy sat beside me and helped me to get it done in time to show it to everyone. Most of the quilts have flannel backs so they are cozy and warm! Our group has received a few thank you notes from the recipients of our quilts and last night, a note from the woman who received the quilt that Beth and I made was read. These quilts are really appreciated and I am so glad that the cancer patients in our community are enjoying our gifts to them.

1 comment: