Friday, August 24, 2012

A Baker's Dozen

Did you ever wonder why a "Baker's Dozen" is 13 instead of 14?  I googled it tonight and here is a link to the explaination!  http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/Bakers%20dozen.html  The origins go back quite a ways--back to Medieval times!   Our local roadside stand that sells corn on the cob offers a Baker's Dozen for $4.00 to $5.00, depending on where we are in the season. This time of year, this is my favourite Baker's Dozen!



You have probably guessed by now that I have finished my #13 Great Granny Square block. My husband and I spent every last minute of daylight tonight staining our new garden shed and then I came inside to sew my block.

 
Here are all 13 blocks, back on the design floor.
 
 
We will be doing some more staining tomorrow but I hope to do a little bit of sewing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment