Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Gift and GGS #7

I made this thread catcher/pin cushion for a friend for her birthday. She recently turned 60 and although she does not quilt, she does like to sew clothes for herself and items for her home. I will have to try to convert her to quilting!


Here is Great Granny Square number 7! 

And here it is with the others:


I started cutting out another Swoon block tonight.  I will post a picture when I get it done.

My husband and I went to see "Love Letters" on Sunday afternoon with my in-laws at the Victoria Playhouse in Petrolia, Ontario.  After the play, we got to meet the actors, Michael Learned and Ralph Waite, aka Olivia and John Walton! 


I grew up watching the Waltons and never missed an episode!  Good Night, John Boy!  Good Night Mary Ellen!  Good Night Grandma and Grandpa! 

4 comments:

  1. That is so exciting that you got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Walton...I LOVE the Waltons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a neat opportunity you had meeting the "Waltons", who didn't enjoy that show? The threadcatcher will be appreciated by your sewing friend. Hopefully, she'll do like the rest of us quilters, turn the corner to quilting and never look back!
    ;-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to see you at the show-we didn't stick around to meet Michael and Ralph, but did enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, what a treat! I STILL love the Walton's!

    ReplyDelete