Saturday, August 25, 2012

Great Granny #14 and the beginning of some canning

 
It was a busy day today with lots of things to do, but I did manage to make Great Granny #14.
 
 

If you read my blog all the time, you know that purple does not appear in my quilts very often. My purple stash consists of about 5 or 6 pieces of fabric. This seemed like the perfect spot to put a bit of this purple fabric since some of those feathers in the yellow fabric are purple.


 

Only 6 more to go!  If I do one a day for the next week, I will have all the blocks done.  #15 is aleady cut out and ready to sew. Maybe I will get a swoon done tomorrow too. It would be nice to have both quilts' blocks done by the end of the month.

My Dad and I are in the midst of making Mustard Relish. This is my Mother's recipe and we spent a couple of hours today chopping and slicing and dicing for the first step of making the relish. Tomorrow, we will be making the sauce, cooking everything, canning it and admiring the finished product!  We make this every few years...it makes a lot and I only use a little bit at a time. It is great on hamburgers, hotdogs and ham. Maybe I will put the recipe on my blog tomorrow with a picture of the jars of golden relish.

Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love how this is turning out - so bright and fun. It is like modern meets vintage. Great job!

    ReplyDelete