Today was a very quilty day! This morning, I went to Jacqui's house and we worked on our Friendship Braid quilts that we are making for chemo patients at our local hospital. This is the charity project of the Elgin Piecemakers guild to which both of us belong. We trimmed our braids and sewed them together. I cut my border/sashing strips and started sewing them to the braids. Our homework: finish off our quilt tops so that they are ready to be quilted. These quilts are to be done by our meeting in September.This afternoon, I helped a neighbour shorten her window toppers--a very fast and easy job. She doesn't have a sewing machine.
I then thought I would do another couple of blocks for my Liberated Wedding Ring quilt. I soon found myself totally immersed in this activity and I did not stop until I had all of the selvage sections done for the next 4 blocks--that's 16 of the units in the picture below! I have the foundations ready for the last block. I think 9 blocks will be enough for this quilt. I have some ideas for the borders as well. Now, I just have to add the red and yellow triangles to these blocks and sew the units together.
Tonight, Christine and I got together to work on Step 5 of our Carolina Christmas quilts. We decided to do the Fox and Geese Blocks first. Here are some of Christine's blocks:
and here are some of mine.
Our homework: we are to finish up all 52 of these blocks by next week.
Before I head off to bed, I should show you the unusual fruit I got at the market on Saturday. Christine and I had some of this yellow water melon as a snack tonight. It is delicious!