Christine and I got together to sew this evening and we finished off step 5 of Bonnie Hunter's pattern! After sewing the last of our poinsettia star blocks together tonight, we pressed them and laid them out on my "design floor" to see how they look. Both of us are making the full sized quilts but there was only room to lay out 9 large blocks of each quilt. Here are Christine's blocks:
And here are mine:
We have decided to get together again in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, we will work on our own to get our blocks all sewn together. We will work on our pieced borders in a couple of weeks. The end is in sight! Tonight, we even discussed how we might get them quilted!