Sunday, August 29, 2010

Visitor in my Garden


My husband and I were eating dinner outside the other night and we glanced around the yard and saw this bunny trying to figure out how to get into the vegetable garden. I got my camera and started walking slowly towards it, taking pictures as I got closer and closer. The bunny let me get quite close before bounding off to my side garden. The first year I had a vegetable garden at this house, the rabbits ate most of my crop of vegetables. The next year, we built a fence around the veggie garden and stapled chicken wire around the inside of the fence and gate. The odd small rabbit has gotten inside but most of them can only drool from outside the fence!
My new Pinky Winky Hydrangea bush is in bloom! I love how the flowers turn from white to pink.

This morning, I put the binding on the two table runners I made for the London Friendship Quilters Guild Show (Oct 1 and 2 in London, Ontario) raffle table. I used leftover pieces from my braid quilt to make these runners.

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't even like to contemplate what would happen if we had a rabbit in our garden. Being an ex hunting dog Stan would think all his birthdays would have come at once, unfortunately.
    That Hydrangea is a gorgeous colour.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I just love that Hydrangea it is so pretty. I also live in London and have been a member of Thames Valley Guild but I have always enjoyed your guilds show. I am sad that I will miss it this year because we are moving to Stratford on Sept 29. So I wish you all good luck I know it will be a beautiful show and I will get my friend to take lots of pictures. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bunny picture!!

    Just been catching on my blog reading and I just wanted to tell you I love you selvage quilt. I love the blue framing and the red and yellow give your eye a place to rest...great job!

    ReplyDelete