Monday, September 13, 2010

Finally working on the borders!

Christine and I got together today and spent a few hours cutting out the pieces for the borders of our Carolina Christmas quilts. Neither one of us have our blocks sewn to each other yet so that will be our homework this week. I have started to sew some of my blocks together and will post a picture when I get it done.

Here are my pieces:
And here are Christine's:


I made another selvage sewing stool--this time in fall colours. I ran out of staples before finishing off the corners so they will look better when the corners are pulled tight and stapled.
Erin at My Patchwork Life asked for a sneak peak at my Gee's Bend Challenge quilt. I have finished hand piecing the flimsy--it is just a small wall hanging. Now, I am working on the hand quilting. I must tell you that it is very difficult to hand quilt corduroy and denim!
Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. I know! I couldn't believe all the hand quilting on those thick kinds of fabric that the Gee's Bend quilters seem to manage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for coming by....I'll count you in the draw.

    Still LOVE those selvage sewing bench(s) are you making one for each season? How about a Christmas one? or maybe a Halloween one

    ReplyDelete