Tuesday, September 7, 2010

More Homework...

I hope everyone had a good long weekend! My husband and I got our daughter off to university on Friday and then spent the weekend doing odd jobs (gardening, grass cutting, caulking windows, etc) here and at his parents' house (trimming trees and bushes, installing a small decorative fence, installing a small patio for their garden bench, replacing electrical outlets and switches, fixing a leaky faucet, installing a new light fixture (partly, anyway!), etc.) Much was accomplished and my in-laws were pleased to have all those tasks off of their list of things to do.
It's warm and windy here today. I went outside with my camera to check on what's in bloom. I noticed lots of beans, broccoli and peppers ready in the garden. I will have to go back out in a few minutes to do some harvesting! Anyway, our Sedum is out in bloom and this bee is enjoying the pink flowers.

This orange Mum plant is just about in bloom.
Our Rose of Sharon is also looking good!

Today, I worked on some more of my Carolina Christmas homework. I have the Fox and Geese blocks done. Now, I should get back out to the garden to do some harvesting before it starts to rain.

By the way, I did a little work on my Gee's Bend Challenge quilt on the weekend. It is all hand sewn and cut with scissors rather than a rotary cutter. So far, so good! I can't reveal my project until the group gets together to show their projects in October.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for working on your homework - looks like it will be a quilt before Christmas, huh? I'm kinda bummed that we have to wait until October to see your Gee's Bend Challenge. Can't you just show us a little peek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if everybody would quilt just a small bit a day they would see quilts by year's end. I like your homework.

    ReplyDelete