Thursday, October 3, 2019

Coming Home--Trees ready to appliqué

Well, I am finally back at work on my Coming Home quilt.  I am a few months behind the crowd, but I will catch up, eventually!  Today, I prepped the appliqué trees for the next border.  Everything is glue basted and ready for me to sew by hand this weekend. 


I have my threads, my applique needles, my LED light and my thimble...I am prepared!


All these trees should keep me busy all weekend. 


I did some other sewing this week too...  This is November's comfort quilt block for the Elgin Piecemakers--Grey, yellow and white squares made into a disappearing nine patch.


I also made a couple more blocks for my Tula Pink 100 Modern Blocks quilt this week.


Only 14 more to go.


I made this wall hanging earlier this year, intending to hang it up in my sewing room...today, I finally added the hanging sleeve and it is now up on the wall!


Weird sight of the week...  A friend and I went walking at a local park where we usually leave our cars near the ball diamond.  Look what we saw!  Lots of turkey vultures, playing Simon Says!  One bird would spread its wings and within a minute, all the rest of them were doing the same thing.


I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers on Sunday morning.  What are you working on???

11 comments:

  1. That is the oddest sight! I've usually seen a lone turkey vulture.
    But a pretty sight is all your blocks. Isn't that yellow perfect with the grey and black. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a bit of a spooky siting!!!!! Your wall hanging looks great and great progress on your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. I’ve never seen a turkey vulture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your applique trees look wonderful. I love the November comfort quilt block. Those turkey vultures would give me the willies if I were too close. What a sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects, especially those trees! Those turkey vultures are huge! It is a remarkable sight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely quilty things going on in your house! Your wallhanging is lovely. I’m glad you got to hang it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Cool turkey vulture siting! LOVE your tree shapes and colors. I just want to see more. I'll stay tuned for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that you are retired, you'll catch up on Coming Home. Pretty yellows. Crazy about the turkey vultures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sewing fabrics in your Tula Pink 100 Blocks project. Those turkey vultures must have been quite a sight. How funny they were playing Simon Says though!

    ReplyDelete