Saturday, October 19, 2019

Two Quilts Quilted

Early this week, I spent some time quilting two quilts using my walking foot.  I made this plus sign flimsy using my stash of 30's prints and it has been pin basted waiting for quilting inspiration to hit for a few months now...  I finally decided on straight lines about an inch apart across the width of the quilt and two vertical lines through each column of plus signs.  It took a couple of sessions at the sewing machine to get the quilting done and tonight, I pieced the binding with 30's prints used in the plus signs and sewed it by machine to the quilt.  Tomorrow, I will sew it down to the back of the quilt by hand for my Slow Sunday Stitching project. 


I have had a London Friendship Guild charity quilt at my house for several months, waiting to be quilted and bound so I could hand it in for distribution.  I used a simple cross hatch with straight lines with my walking foot to quilt this quilt.  Someone else made the quilt top--it was my job to quilt it and finish it off with the binding.


I added the binding by machine and then did the hand stitching.  I'm glad to have this quilt by the door and ready for donation!


My husband and I started working on a puzzle this week...


This one looks like fun!


I will be linking up with Kathy in the morning. 

9 comments:

  1. The quilts are lovely, the simple quilting is perfect! Have fun with the puzzle, it looks like it may take awhile. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun quilt block puzzle!! We are working on our second puzzle of the season...ours is a difficult one with birds around an adirondack chair. Enjoyable to work on a bit every day :-). Love your plus sign quilt! I'm making a few minis for pin cushions and so enjoy plus signs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun puzzle! Beautiful quilts... enjoy the hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilts and what a fun puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great looking puzzle - I would never be able to get my husband to do one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, do I love that puzzle. Those quilts are very pretty. I like the quilt designs that you decided on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts look really great. Such satisfaction with a finished project -- two is over the moon happiness! I love jigsaw puzzles too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great puzzle, looks like a fun one.
    Your quilts look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work on getting that quilting done. Walking quilt quilting is certainly achievable and does the job so well. Especially for people like me who struggle with free motion.

    ReplyDelete