Monday, October 28, 2019

Crafters' Retreat

Christine and I spent the weekend at Camp...we each brought numerous projects with us and I am happy to report that progress was made on everything!


My ironing board is almost due for a new cover---ignoring that, you can see I worked on my flannel vortex baby quilt--my third flannel vortex quilt (I have also done one out of cotton quilting scraps).  This quilt involves lots of sewing, pressing, trimming, and then more sewing, pressing and trimming. I went home with some larger chunks, ready to be made into a quilt top.


I started a new Christmas quilt--no pattern, just my own design as you go project.  I will keep playing with more of the fabrics to add more shapes to this one.


I cut up yards and yards of these two fabrics for sashing and borders for my Tula Pink 100 Modern Blocks quilt.


I made them into twosies.


Here they are all sewn to the blocks, waiting to be pressed.  After pressing, the blocks got put away in the bag to be taken home for some time on the design wall before sewing them together.


I also did some hand sewing on Frank Lloyd Wright--no pictures--just some more outlining.  I sewed down the binding on the Christmas tree wall hanging as well.


I finished off a couple of Christmas gifts as well...top secret...no pictures.

By this time, my sewing machine was balking at sewing smoothly, so I checked under the bobbin for fluff...


Just as I thought...


Cleaned out and working much better afterwards!


There were delicious pumpkin scones to eat...


We went on a few walks around the camp on Saturday as it was a lovely sunny day.


Stairs to the beach.


Early morning walk.


A comfortable spot to watch the waves roll in.


We couldn't miss a visit to the ladies.


What a great weekend with the crazy quilters!  Lots of laughs and lots of sewing.

I came home and after supper, my husband and I finished putting together the quilt block puzzle.


Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. pumpkin scones and all those stairs to walk up and down look like a good combination! love your quilt at the end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice group of quilts you are working on. Congrats on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post contains just too much fun!
    A quilt retreat, some finishes, some Christmas sewing, being lakeside, out in nature AND a quilty puzzle... totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time! Retreats are absolutely the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete