Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Plus Sign Baby Quilt

The binding is on and the quilt is finished!  This quilt is a modification of the Rick Rack Runner pattern from "Modern Plus Sign Quilts" by Cheryl Brickey and Paige Alexander.  I met Paige at QuiltCon in Nashville this past February.  Her day job involves working with numbers so I know where she gets her inspiration for the patterns in the book! 


I had a stash of 30's prints which were used in this quilt. I still have lots left...


If you look closely, you can see the vertical and horizontal lines of quilting.


The backing is a pink dot flannel fabric from my stash.  I added a few extra plus signs on the back because the flannel was not wide enough.


The binding is made from strips of each of the 30's prints in the quilt.  There are two plus signs of each fabric I used on the front of the quilt--perfect for a matching game.  I had to wait until my quilt holder was available to assist with pictures this morning.  There is no recipient in mind for this quilt.


Finn found a very comfortable spot to rest while keeping an eye on everyone on Thanksgiving weekend.

3 comments:

  1. This math teacher really likes your plus sign quilt. I like the way you quilted it. Very pretty. Those fabrics are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you fixed in issue while operating the Binance account? Do you need assistance from the professionals who’re there to support you? If yes, you should take help from the team and fix all your queries in no time by taking guidance from the professionals via Binance support phone number. Binance exchange is a complete package of services along with a few flaws and to deal with errors, you can always take help from the team who has solution to all the problems. Have conversation with the team regarding the matter and avail solutions from them.

    ReplyDelete