Saturday, October 12, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!  My daughter and Finn are here for the weekend so there have been lots of walks and playtime!  I have not shown my Frank Lloyd Wright project for a couple of weeks--you can see I have done more yellow cross stitches and more outlining. My MIL gave us the squirrel!


I have spent quite a bit of time sewing this week.  I managed to finish the trees for my Coming Home project.  I am still a few months behind, but I am moving forward.  Houses (pieced) are up next and then I will do the appliqué doors, chimneys  and windows.


A couple more Tula Pink 100 modern blocks are done
and now there are less than 10 blocks still to do.



I also managed to get all of the rest of my Elgin Piecemakers' Neutral Swap blocks done.  Three more months for this swap and all 60 blocks are done and ready to swap.  We have been swapping 20 blocks every month since September 2018 so I have quite a stack of blocks waiting to be made into something.



We took Finn for a walk at a local conservation area this afternoon.  He had a bath when we got home...



This wasp's nest is in my neighbour's tree. It is about the size of a basketball!


I will be linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday stitchers in the morning.  I did a post about the slow stitching retreat that Kathy hosted last Sunday in a post earlier this week.  You can read it here.

5 comments:

  1. What a glorious colour your neighbors tree is. I do love those trees and the black and white blocks are really striking! That's going to make a fabulous quilt. We've had so much rain here (the last 48 hours have been constant) so we have a wet dog aroma permeating the house. Maybe we should have put Lola in the bath too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Your applique trees are so pretty, but not as pretty as the tree that the wasp nest is in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK!!! I hate wasps and am scared of them. I would be begging the neighbors to call the exterminators!

    I love the trees! So cute and the FLW is coming right along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is stunning, such lovely trees. My dog Gracie & I love taking walks this time of year. Everything is so pretty and the air is crisp -- perfect walking weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice stitching projects. Progress is nicely being made including enjoying family and the fall weather. :-)

    ReplyDelete