Friday, October 25, 2019

Slow Stitching Report (and a couple of pouches)

I have been working on cleaning up my sewing room this week.  It is looking much better but there is still work to do.  I found this Christmas tree block in a pile and decided to make it into a little wall hanging.  I quilted it with wavy lines using my walking foot and some bright green thread, which doesn't really show up very well in this picture!  I have a bin with leftover binding in it and found this red and white striped binding.  I added it to the quilted block and will hand stitch it down this weekend.  The block was leftover from some pillows I made three years ago. 


I continue to make slow progress on my Frank Lloyd Wright Waterlilies counted cross stitch project.  I must admit that this part is a bit boring... for me to stitch and for you to look at.


My friend, Pat, came over yesterday afternoon to learn how to make a wide open zipper pouch.  The pattern is from Noodlehead.  A friend had given her the bee fabric and she purchased the other two fabrics to make the pouch about a year ago.  She made the large size so that she can use it for a knitting project case.



I made this pouch earlier in the week. It is a gift for someone who does not read my blog.



While Pat was making her pouch, I made this one to show her the steps in making it.


Now that I am retired, Pat and I walk for about an hour every day, usually at a local park.  Yesterday, we were greeted by this heron.


Have a great weekend!  I will link up with Kathy and the Slow Stitchers on Sunday morning.

11 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using the pouch for knitting. I think my fear of sewing zippers always holds me back from attempting such things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pouch with the big flowers on it - and the heron! I love those big birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sandra. The zippers are super easy. Click on the Noodlehead link above and check out the tutoral. And remember to tell yourself you can do it. if you think you can't, you won't. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pouches, especially the bee fabric one. I have a soft spot for anything bees. I saved the Noodlehead link for future reference for me too. I also have a zipper-phobia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pouches are pretty. Love the Christmas tree block. The border fabric is fabulous. How lovely to walk every day with your friend Pat and enjoy all that nature has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bags and I really love your Christmas tree. Its fun being able to use up those remnant blocks, isn't it? I find many of mine work their way into projects for our Holly Bazaar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bags, and love the Christmas Tree. Isn't it fun being retired and able to work on our old projects$

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome that you and Pat have time to walk each day. LOVE the pouches and the fabrics you used. What a sweet gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss my daily walks when school is in session. Hubby and I try to walk on the weekends when it isn't pouring rain like today. Those pouches are all very pretty. Waterlilies is coming along. Most stitchery has some place that is boring to stitch. I like your tree wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That will make a nice little Christmas hanging. Those pouches look good. You and your friend have used some really nice fabric. That heron is just a fishing machine, look at the beak on it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The red and white stripe binding looks very nice with the Christmas tree. Walking an hour is quite the exercise. Cheerful pouches!

    ReplyDelete