After going for a walk with my husband this morning after breakfast, I decided to do a little sewing. I purchased an antique sewing stool from Jacqui a while ago and wanted to recover it. I have a whole drawer full of selvages that I have been saving for over a year and this was a perfect project to dig into them.
I cut out a fabric foundation the right size to cover the stool and started to sew. I tried to pick brightly coloured selvages and even found some with a quilting/sewing theme--very appropriate for a stool for my sewing room.
Here is my "new" stool with my grandmother's sewing machine.
And here is what is blooming in my garden...
Jacqui just made a selvage project too...take a look! I think I need to make one of these too!