Friday, July 9, 2010

QNIC at Jacqui's

Last night, Karen, Jacqui and I had a QNIC (Quilting Night in Canada) at Jacqui's house. I started this spinning 4 patch quilt last Summer and never finished putting borders on all of the 4 patches. Last night, I finished off the blocks and then put them up on Jacqui's design wall to see how they would look! This quilt will be called Spinning Flying Squirrels and Maggots" since the fabric I used for the 4 patches has these critters on it. It looks so benign from far away but when you get a close up view, it is a different story! I will work on sewing the blocks together over the next few days.
Jacqui worked on a black and white quilt that will be a wedding gift for a wedding later this summer.
Karen is making a table runner from a charm pack for her Mother.
After snack time (delicious blueberry bread with fresh raspberries and blueberries on top), I played with the bonus HST's from my Carolina Christmas quilt that I am making with Christine. I am thinking of making a mini sampler quilt with all of these 2" HST's. Here are a few potential blocks...

1 comment: