Chris and I got together tonight to put the red, black and white blocks together for our charity quilt. We had 15 blocks so we laid them out on my "design floor" in a 3X5 layout. Chris brought over some white fabric with small black dots on it which we used for sashing. I found some red in my stash for cornerstones. We decided on a plain black border (more fabric from my stash) and we will use some more of my red fabric for the binding.
Chris was recently in Florida for a month and purchased some dark gray flannel for the back of our quilt. Chris will take the quilt to the quilting man tomorrow so it should be ready for binding soon. Chris will take it over to the hospital chemo unit once I have the binding sewn on. We hope someone finds this quilt a comfort while they take their chemo treatments.
We are both happy to have the top together. We quite like it!