Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Won!!!

I got home from the London Friendship Quilters' Guild meeting tonight to find an envelope hand addressed to me at the front door. I had never heard of the person on the return address label!  I opened it up and found a cheque for $50.00 and a note inside.  The note read:  Please find enclosed the money you won as the 2nd prize in the quilt block challenge. Thank you for participating. It was quite a nice display. We are now making 4 quilts, of those, 2 are finished and 2 are being put together. They look terrific.  Louise M., Chair of the Quilt Committee. Prescott and Russell 2011 International Plowing Match and Rural Expo.

I purchased the material to make this block at last September's plowing match in St. Thomas/Central Elgin and made this block to enter into the contest.

Now, I guess I will have to try to go to the plowing match to see the quilts that have been made from all of the blocks entered in the contest! Here is the link to pictures of the three winning blocks. Go to "Country Living" and then "Quilting" and then "Quilt Block Challenge Winners".

8 comments:

  1. Congatulations on your win! What a nice surprise to come home to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Gail. I can see a trip to a fabric shop in your future, to spend your winning cheque.
    Did you put that "Welcome Winter" sign back up!!!!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! And well deserved too. Enjoy, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    I think maybe your "Let it Snow" decoration wasn't to blame after all. The snow seems to have found its way back to London even though you packed it up. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What fun. Your block is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you! You will have fun with this one, wow, $50 for fabric! :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Your block is beautiful and a deserving win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!! What a wonderful envelope to find waiting for you. Is this the first you heard about the win???? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete